- 266 residential units
- 49 affordable housing units
- 13 businesses located in 3 commercial buildings
- An onsite wastewater treatment plant and greywater recycling system that reduces water use and seeks to treat all waste water onsite
- A greenway, waterway and mewsway that connects the entirety of the site
- A district energy facility that generates heat for the entire development
- Temporary space for interim uses such as urban agriculture, art installations and public markets
- First nation’s artwork and environmental features
Dockside Green is a mixed-use, sustainable neighbourhood in Victoria BC. The project is focused on building an urban neighbourhood that serves the wellbeing of residents and surrounding community, protects and nurtures the environment, and acts as a catalyst for a vibrant local economy.
To date 25% of project as been built, with full completion anticipated by 2027.
COMPLETED TO DATE
TO BE COMPLETED
- 10 residential buildings, containing over 1,100 residential units
- A commercial centre which will feature new retail and office space
- A law office building for a local Law services firm
- A brewery/distillery for a local producer
- A kids playpark
- An off-leash dog park
- A public urban plaza
- An indoor community gathering space
- Public Art
DOCKSIDE GREEN: LEED PLATINUM NEIGHBOURHOOD
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) is a globally recognized rating system for measuring the sustainability of development and construction projects. LEED ND (LEED for Neighbourhood Development) is built around progressive thinking about the way in which projects relate to their social, material, economic, and geographic context, incorporating principles of sustainable growth, urbanism, and green building processes and technologies. A LEED ND designation recognizes projects that successfully protect and enhance the overall health of the natural environment and the quality of life for residents and the surrounding community.
Released in late 2016 LEED ND v4 represents the most stringent and comprehensive system for the design and implementation of sustainable development.
GREEN BUILDING STANDARDS
Dockside Green has been on the forefront of green building since our inception. Moving forward we continue to have a strong emphasis on green building at the building level which includes:
- All new commercial buildings will be built to a minimum
LEED BD&C v4 Gold level.
- All new residential buildings will be built to meet
specific Green Building standards with strict
requirements for material quality, energy and water
For more information, READ OUR LEED CASE STUDY.